This former Presbyterian Church dates from 1864, and was constructed to replace a small frame church (built 1849 and believed to have been situated a little farther to the east). A burying ground is behind the church, where many of the first families connected with the church are buried. The church was closed in 1956, and later converted to a single family dwelling.
A good example of the vernacular Gothic revival style, the building is designated for the many original features including the granite foundation, brick work, in the running bond pattern, eaves returns, cornice mouldings, and steeple with handsome brackets at the base.
Republished with permission from the Clarington Heritage Committee