The main building on this site is the old British American Garage, built in the 1950s to replace the original Burley Garage of the 1920s. The other is the grist mill, which in the early 1900s was a blacksmith shop. Rebuilt after a fire in 1943, it features a vintage Ruston & Hornsby diesel engine.
Courtesy of: Doors Open Clarington
For more information, please visit the Stapleton Auctions website (click on the ‘British American Garage & Pictures’ tab on the left hand side of the page)