This hall was built as the Royal Templars Lodge in 1854. The Royal Templars was one of many temperance societies popular at the time. The monthly meetings of this social organization included plays, songs, readings and music. The building was restored in 1979 as the local community hall. Historical photographs of the village are on display here.
Courtesy of: Doors Open Clarington